Richard A. Lockshin lockshin at
Mon Dec 16 10:56:25 EST 1996

Gerontologists usually use "Increased probability of death with
increasing age" (generating the typical squared off curve of human
aging, rather than the constant probability of death with age that
typifies many population losses, such as radioactive decay or loss of
fish from a population).  Any good text on gerontology will give you
Louis Geller <bbbbd at> wrote:

>I am looking for a definition of senescence (I hope this is spelled
>Perhaps you could point me toward a recent review or web site with info.

>Thanks in advance,

>Louis Geller
>bbbbd at
>lgeller at