method to diliver ATP into cells ??

John Edstrom edstrom at
Fri Feb 2 12:50:25 EST 1996

In article <mkirby-3101962329370001 at>,
	mkirby at (Michael L. Kirby) writes:
>In article <4elc4g$p8k at>, crs at
>(Ren-Shiang Chen) wrote:
>> Confronted by the problem that I have to include ATP into those cells
>without rupture them...
>Sorry, iontophoretic injection is the only method I know.  With this, you
>will still have problems with magnesium chelation by free ATP, reducing
>the amount of free ATP available.
>Michael L. Kirby

This is just a thought, I don't know that its ever been done, but how about
permeable microspheres containing caged ATP?  There might be some whay to
induce the cell to ingest them.  Then an apropriate light could be used to
release the ATP.

 John Edstrom | edstrom @
 "Lurker" at BioMOO (

 Hatfield Marine Science Center