method to diliver ATP into cells ??

John Edstrom edstrom at slugo.hmsc.orst.edu
Fri Feb 2 12:50:25 EST 1996

In article <mkirby-3101962329370001 at as2511-25.sl006.cns.vt.edu>,
	mkirby at vt.edu (Michael L. Kirby) writes:
>In article <4elc4g$p8k at news.mc.ntu.edu.tw>, crs at ntumc1.mc.ntu.edu.tw
>(Ren-Shiang Chen) wrote:
>

>> Confronted by the problem that I have to include ATP into those cells
>without rupture them...
>
>Sorry, iontophoretic injection is the only method I know.  With this, you
>will still have problems with magnesium chelation by free ATP, reducing
>the amount of free ATP available.
>
>--
>Michael L. Kirby

This is just a thought, I don't know that its ever been done, but how about
permeable microspheres containing caged ATP?  There might be some whay to
induce the cell to ingest them.  Then an apropriate light could be used to
release the ATP.

je

---
 John Edstrom | edstrom @ slugo.hmsc.orst.edu

 http://www.hmsc.orst.edu/~edstrom
 "Lurker" at BioMOO (bioinfo.weizmann.ac.il:8888)

 Hatfield Marine Science Center
 2030 S. Marine Science Drive
 Newport, Oregon     97365-5296
 wk: (503) 867 0197