Autofluorescence

Desok Kim dkim at med.unc.edu
Mon Feb 5 14:42:53 EST 1996

Dear colleagues,
I have some problem in my frozen sections. I prepared a slide by just putting
some mounting media(triglycerol) and a coverslip on the dried tissue section.
Under the rhodamine filter set, the cells are all autofluoresing very bright.
Under other filter sets(FITC, DAPI), they are a little less bright but still
significant. They were cut from a piece of frozen normal (BPH) prostate
tissue. Any substances in prostate tissue cause this or possible contamination
during the tissue preparation?

Desok Kim, PhD                           Phone:919-966-2574
Post Doctoral Research Associate         Fax  :919-966-5722
Urology/Surgery                          email:dkim at med.unc.edu
UNC School of Medicine
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7235, USA