essential amino acids (methionine) biosynthesis ?

kulmburg at aug.ukl.uni-freiburg.de Peter.Kulmburg at AUG.UKL.UNI-FREIBURG.DE
Tue Feb 6 02:04:08 EST 1996

Dear collegues,

I do not adhere to your list, however, Iwould like to get some infos.
Please reply to my private address and not to the list. Thank you in
advance.

8 of 20 amino acids are known to be essential for human beings, any book of
biology tells us. But none told me yet, which (key) enzymes lack in humans
or mice for the production of the respective amino acid.

I have been asked by my students today and could not answer. Can anybody
help me? I am especially interested in the biosynthesis of methionine.

Thank you very much for your help          Peter Kulmburg

Peter KULMBURG        at home  Tel./Fax:+49 761 80 84 39
at work:    Tel.: +49 761 270/7207 or 7208        Fax: /7217