How to do GM-CFC assay?

Ruili Shi shiruili at duke.usask.ca
Tue Feb 6 15:06:14 EST 1996

I'm currently doing the assay, and have had a lot of problems:
I use swiss cd-1 mice, 10 week old, female,  take the bone marrow cells
from the mice, and culture on the soft agar -MEM medium, use the
rm-GM-CSF, try to get colonies.    when culture for 4-7 days, there are
several clusters consist of 7-8 cells, but these clusters disappeared
after several hours. I never get colonies consist of 50 cells.

I also want to know where I can get WEHI-3B cell conditioned medium

For the BFU-E and CFU-E, I want to know how to make the solution of
methycellulose. I made 2.7% methycellulose solution, then put 10% into
the culture medium, I had difficulty to let them set.

shiruili at duke.usask.ca