inhibition endogeneous catalase activity

N.P.Dantuma at biol.ruu.nl N.P.Dantuma at biol.ruu.nl
Wed Feb 7 13:52:26 EST 1996

Hi,

We would like to inhibit all endogeneous catalase in fixed tissue, which is
used for electron microscopical studies, so that we won't have any
conversion of DAB by this source. We don't use any catalase/peroxidase
activity in this procedure so we aren't using HRP or peroxidase linked to
antibodies. As far as we concern it doesn't matter if we are not able to
detect any activity latter on. The DAB is in our assay not converted by
enzymatic activity. We already tried pretreatment with H2O2 but that didn't
work at all. The activity, which is bothering us, is most likely located in
peroxisomes.

Thanks,
Nico Dantuma