bacterial housekeeping genes

Michael C. Gorry mcgorry at med.pitt.edu
Thu Feb 8 13:36:40 EST 1996

I have been looking for a bacterial housekeeping gene that has
a high level of expression.  Would GADPH be suitable?  We are
looking for any gene that would have a high mRNA level within
a cell.  I haven't been able to find anything published that discusses
expression rates within cells.  There was, however, a mention
of using GADPH for an RT-PCR quantitative control.  Is anyone
aware of other "controls" that have been used to quantitate PCR
reactions?  I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

--
Michael Gorry
mcgorry at med.pitt.edu