POstdoctoral position available

Sanjay W. Pimplikar swp at po.cwru.edu
Wed Feb 14 17:34:00 EST 1996

Postdoctoral Position:  Protein Trafficking in epithelial cells
Department of Pathology
Case Western Reserve University
Cleveland, Ohio, USA

A postdoctoral position is available to study the intracellular trafficking
of proteins in epithelial cells.  My group is interested in identifying and
characterizing cellular proteins that interact with sorting signals in
proteins that are sorted to the basolateral surface of epithelial cells.

Techniques employed in my laboratory or in collaboration with other groups
include:  mammalian cell culture, 2-hybrid yeast system, microinjection,
permabilized cell system to study in vitro transport reactions, chemical
cross-linking, affinity purification, fluorescence- and electron-
microscopy.

Applicant will use these techniques and molecular biology techniques (GST
fusion proteins, cDNA cloning, etc.) to address the function of putative
receptor molecules in protein trafficking.  Applicant should have
experience with tissue culture and biochemical techniques for protein
purification.  Some experience in molecular biology is desirable.  Salary
will be commensurate with experience.

Please contact with your CV, a brief statement of previous research
experience  and interest to:

Sanjay W. Pimplikar, Ph.D.
Department of Pathology
Case Western Reserve University