Postdoc opening to study myosin-I

Henry G. Zot zot at utsw.swmed.edu
Thu Feb 22 12:26:30 EST 1996

POSITION OPEN: Postdoctoral Fellow (Myosin-I Associated
Proteins)

INSTITUTION:  UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas

ADDRESS:  Dallas TX

CONTACT PERSON: Henry G. Zot

PHONE: 214-648-7224
FAX: 214-648-8685
EMAIL: zot at utsw.swmed.edu

DATE OF AVAILABILITY: Immediate

SALARY: $20,000. (no state income tax)

JOB DESCRIPTION: Immediate opening in a small research group
for an energetic recent Ph.D. to study proteins associated
with myosin-I (Xu et al. 1995. JBC 270: 25316-25319).  This
position may appeal to someone interested in the cellular
function of actin-based molecular motors or, possibly, someone
interested in mechanisms of SH3 domain interactions.  On-going
projects require experience with protein purification and
general cloning techniques.  Helpful related skills include
cell staining, fluorescent cell sorting,  cell transfection,
and gene manipulation in Dictyostelium.

JOB REQUIREMENTS: Ph.D. and J-1 or equivalent visa

APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS:  To apply, please send an updated CV
and a brief statement.

2/22/96