Is anybody interested in purchasing Xenopus egg extracts?

sanchez at binah.cc.brandeis.edu sanchez at binah.cc.brandeis.edu
Mon Feb 26 23:23:27 EST 1996

Thank you to all of you who responded to my initial posting. This is
just a repeat of the same posting to get further feedback on this
subject.
We have developed a protocol for large scale preparation of Xenopus egg
extracts and we are considering marketing it. But before we do this we
want to get a sense of the extent to which people would be interested in
this product.
Xenopus egg extracts support a variety of in vitro reactions including
plasmid chromatin assembly, nuclear formation and DNA replication;
nuclear envelope formation, chromatin decondensation and genomic DNA
replication; nuclear transport, cell cycle progression. Similar extracts
prepared from metaphase arrested unfertilized eggs permit nuclear
envelope breakdown, chromatin condensation, chromosome formation, mitotic
spindle assembly, etc.
Please let me know if you are interested in this product and any specific
requirements you might have.
Thank you for your help on this matter,

Dr. J. A. Sanchez