EtOH + PBS = precipitation?

LU Pin bolupin at uxmail.ust.hk
Tue Feb 27 13:34:26 EST 1996

Recently when I tried to prepare 95% ethanol in PBS, I always got the
same problem. When PBS was added into abs. ethanol, the solution became
turbid. Later, some white precipitate formed. Shaking or vortexing during
PBS addition did not help. The PBS I used contains NaCl, KCl, Na2HPO4,
KH2PO4. Anyone knows what's wrong or how to avoid this? Thank you very much.

Lu Pin
2/28/96

     _\\\ ///       Lu, Pin		Department of Biology
     \ __   /       Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
      C  @~@        Phone: 2358-7312    e-mail: bolupin at uxmail.ust.hk