Scent of man

Peter French p.french at ARNIE.CFI.UNSW.EDU.AU
Sun Jan 14 16:54:34 EST 1996

erinann at (Erin Mandeson ) wrote:

This may be too simpleminded for the likes of some of you, but does
>anybody know the word that describes the "scent of man?"  It's
>something like "pheromes" or "pheronomes"... something similar, but I
>can't find it in any of my dictionaries.  It's the chemical scent (I
>believe) that a person gives off that can attract (or detract) others
>(the opposite sex?)  Would appreciate any info anyone can give. 

They're called "pheromones" - some animals definitely have them, but to my
knowledge there is no evidence of pheromones in humans, only wishful

Peter French, Centre for Immunology, St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney.
President, ANZSCBI

phone 61-2-361-2388
fax 61-2-361-2391
mobile 018-412-961

More information about the Cellbiol mailing list