Which Grad School??

Deneke at arwen.UTHSCSA.edu Deneke at arwen.UTHSCSA.edu
Fri Jun 7 16:20:06 EST 1996

In article <31B59933.30A2 at netropolis.net>, Adrian <remax at netropolis.net>
writes:

>I have two acceptances in hand for grad school in biology, one from
>UT-Austin and one from UT-Health Science Center in San Antonio.
>However, I really don't know which is the better school, or even if
>one is known for a certain field of research.
>
>I would greatly appreciate any information, anecdotal or
>statistical, that anyone would forward to me at
>remax at netropolis.net.
>
>The non-science factors (e.g., quality of life in the two cities) are
>irrelevant to this forum.  I'm interested mainly in the academic
>reputation of these two schools.

A good source would be the UTHSCSA Web page www.uthscsa.edu follow the link to
graduate biomedical sciences.

I know both school have good departments.  If you are admitted to Cellular and
Structural Biology you should know that it has recently won national
recognition.  Good luck.