retina nuclear extract

Jim Hutchins hutchins at
Sat Jun 15 11:36:02 EST 1996

: Dear netters:
: I have a problem with nuclear extraction from rat retinas. When come to
: homogenize the nuclei, there is always a jelly stuff formed and I can
: not spin the supernatant out. (it's wrapped in that jelly stuff). Any
: suggestion on this?
: Thanx in advance.
: Lihua He

As far as I know, that 'jelly stuff' *IS* DNA.  I'm not clear on what it
is you are trying to do.  Are you trying to extract the nuclei semi-intact
for a nuclear run-on, or what?

Jim Hutchins    hutchins at   hutchins at
Annie the Aust Cattle Dog // Kodiak the Norwegian Elkhound
"Morde diem" ****** Annie's motto ****** "Bite the Day"