thobman at thobman at
Fri Jun 21 04:56:48 EST 1996

Does anyone have a protocol for producing a 32-P-labeled PCR product
(approx. 100 bp) directly from a library.  Instead of cloning the PCR
product an then labeling it for use as a probe (for a Northern blot),
we would like to directly amplify the fragment using alpha-32-P-dATP
to generate a hot probe.  We need to know what ratio of hot dATP/cold
dATP to use in the reactions and suggested # of cycles and whether or
not it is necessary to purify the product before use (other than
Nunc-trap columns)

Tom Hobman