Swiss 3T3 transfection

Didier Thomas dmthomas at orion.oac.uci.edu
Thu Jun 27 23:03:15 EST 1996

I cannot get any protein expression in Swiss 3T3 using a CMV
promoter-based vector which however gives excellent results in 293 cells.
It does not matter whether I use the CaPO4 method or the DEAE-Dextran one.
Nothing. I guess the CMV promoter is too weak in mouse cell lines.

Does anyone have some experience with transient transfection in Swiss 3T3
and   can recommend me a commercially available expression vector (not
retroviral) that works fine in this particular cell line.

Thanks

--
Didier Thomas
University of California, Irvine