inducible eukaryotic expression

Michail Belyavskyi mab7690 at zeus.tamu.edu
Tue Mar 5 12:28:26 EST 1996

In article <vertino_bell-2902961614120001 at cbmf36.cber.fda.gov>, vertino_bell at cber.cber.fda.gov (Annette) says:

>Hi Folks.
>
>I am interested in hearing others' experience with inducible eukaryotic
>expression.
>
>Specifically, my problem is this. I would like to over-express my protein
>in CHO cells.
Hi Annette
In my case I was using MMTV inducible system. I constructed plasmid
that have MMTV promotor and NEO resistance gene simultaneously.
For some reasons, when I done cotransfection with two vectors -
G418 selection will result in  obtaining lines without protein of interest.
I used C127 cells. It takes some time to work dexamethasone concentration
 in my case the best was 10 -7M.
best luck and let me know if I can be of any help
Michail Belyavskyi, Ph D