inducible eukaryotic expression

ege ege at mit.edu
Thu Mar 7 16:56:29 EST 1996

In article <vertino_bell-2902961614120001 at cbmf36.cber.fda.gov>,
vertino_bell at cber.cber.fda.gov (Annette) wrote:

> Hi Folks.
>
> I am interested in hearing others' experience with inducible eukaryotic
> expression.

  Hi Annette

Wow RPCI alumni on the net.  I've been beating my head against the wall
with Bujard's original Tet system for conditional expression of E2Fs.
Much heartache and frustration.  It seems that you get leaky expression of
the E2Fs even in the presence of tet which is sufficent to induce
apoptosis (At least in some cell lines).  A recent report in MCB from a
Danish group showed this could be suppressed by coexpressing Bcl2 allowing
for the isolation of inducible lines.  The modified version from the Yale
lab presumablly wouldn't help with this problem and besides with the
autoregulatory loop you make so much tTA in the absence of tet that you
probablly induce your gene to such gross levels that it's no longer
physiological.  As for the Stratagene system I have no clue.  Good luck

Scott Estes