guinea pig CD31

Julian F Dye j.dye at ic.ac.uk
Mon Mar 11 08:42:56 EST 1996

Hello

I have just been browsing through Bionet archieves for December and seen
your query without any answer.

If its any use to you, in our lab, in conjunction with David Male, we
have found that a an anti-rat CD31 cross reacts with human CD31 on HUVEC
cells.  We have not yet found out whether the reciprocal is true, ie
whether anti-human CD31 reacts with rat PECAM.  However, using antibodies
against other species is therefore certain to be valid.  I presume that
you have established that anti-murine  CD31 cross reacts with guineu pig?
We would be interested to hear your experience.  Incidently, we routinely
use flurescence detection with very satisfactory results, in both
species.

Yours sincerely

Julian F. Dye
Dept of Anatomy and Cell Biology
Imperial College School of Medicine at St. Mary's
London W2 1PG