Cells and plant digestion

Gavin/Kim Harrison gkharris at sisnet.ssku.k12.ca.us
Tue Mar 19 18:47:35 EST 1996

   I am a 10th grade biology student at Mt. Shasta High School.  For one
of my projects this year I am comparing cell size (surface area) with
starch digestion.  My problem it that I can not find any research in my
local library to support my hypothesis, which is... If two cells of equal
volume but different surface areas are compared, then the cell with the
greater surface area will have a larger amount of starch digestion.  If
anyone has any information about cells or starch digestion that would be
helpful in my experiment, I would greatly appreciate their assistance.

Sincerely,

Kim Harrison