Fixation of Endothelial Cells

Richard Montes gt0441b at prism.gatech.edu
Wed Mar 20 11:38:19 EST 1996

Does anybody have experience or know of literature about fixation of
endothelial cells and its effect on the membrane receptors on the surface
of the endothelial cells? I am trying to investigate the what is the
effect of the lateral diffusion of the receptors across the membrane to
cell adhesion. If I crosslink the membrane domains of these diffusing
proteins thereby anchoring them to eliminate diffusion, are they still
viable for adhesion?

Second, are there differences in the fixative agents used, e.g.,
glutaraldehyde, formaldehyde, metOH, etc?

Any input will be much appreciated. Please cross-email me privately
together with the response to the newsgroup. Thanks in advance.

-Richard Montes
 gt0441b at prism.gatech.edu