ß-Amyloid solubility

Your Name alias at ski.mskcc.org
Wed Mar 20 15:20:27 EST 1996

Hi, I need some help

In my experiments I add different ß-Amyloid peptides (10-20; 1-28;
1-40) at concentrations 100µM to the media (plain DME) of cells in
culture. Usually I don't have any problems and the peptides remain
in solution in DME. However, when I do the same experiments using
cells that have been metabolically labeled with 35S-Meth the peptide
ß-Amyloid 1-40 precipitates even when the metabolically labeled
cells have been extensively washed with DME. Do you know what may be
affecting the solubility of ß-Amyloid 1-40?. I do not have any
problems with ß-Amyloid 10-20 o 1-28 under the same conditions. Any
suggestions?

THANKS