Plating Cells

Michael S. Straka mike.straka at uchsc.edu
Fri Mar 22 12:30:59 EST 1996

>In article <Pine.HPP.3.91.960321153016.22171A-100000 at bluejay.creighton.edu>, Steven Vokal <vokal at creighton.edu> says:
>>
>>Hi,
>>        I am doing alot of cell culture work with 24 and 96 well culture
>>plates.  I seem to have the problem of not being able to put the same
>>number of cells in each plate accurately.  Also it seems the cells grow
>>differently from well to well.  Can someone suggest a way to solve my
>>problems???
>>        Steve Vokal
>>        Dept of Surgery
>>        Creighton University
>>        Omaha, NE

I forgot to add, and I hope this isn't too obvious, but w/ regard to
the 96-well plates, you can simply seed your cells based on the
difference in well area; ie, 24-well plates have a nominal diameter
of 22mm, 96-wells are 6mm.  Also, plates vary in other ways: round vs
flat-bottom, coated or uncoated, etc.  You may have to try several
types to get what you want.

-Mike