Immunocytochemistry fixing?

Melissa Melan melan at duq3.cc.duq.edu
Tue May 7 13:16:40 EST 1996

Dear Mike.

   I've never used chamber slides so I can't address any potential
problems there.  I've had good success with 22 x 22 coverslips in 6
well plates.  The coverslips were washed with detergent, extensively
rinsed in ddH2O and stored in a jar of 95% EtOH.  Coverslips were
flamed to sterilize and remove EtOH, dropped into the plate wells and
cells cultured as normal.  The cells grow on the glass and attach
without any problem.  I'm wondering if the chamber slides are coated
with something that is affecting cell adhesion or reacts strangely
with paraformaldehyde.  Also, what cell line are you using?

                 Hope this is helpful.

Melissa A. Melan
Assistant Professor
Department of Biological Sciences