How do I inhibit receptor internalisation ?

Richard G.W. Anderson anders06 at utsw.swmed.edu
Thu Nov 14 00:42:01 EST 1996

Hayssam,

How long do you need to maintain them in the absence of internalization?
There are three general methods used to block coated pit function: K+
depletion, hypotonic treatment and acidification of the cytoplasm. Of the
three, the hypotonic treatment is the easiest and most reproducible, but I
do not know how long the cells can stay in this condition before dying.
All of these methods are in the literature if you want them.

Richard G. W. Anderson