A Tale of Two Nuclei

FAH DrHeasley at Chemistry.com
Thu Nov 14 11:33:49 EST 1996

On 13 Nov 96 22:56:04 CST, noskovik at carleton.edu ( ) wrote:

|Hello.  I am an undergrad student with a question for a knowledgable
|biologist.
|Is it possible (even if only in theory) to fuse two nuclei?  Can two sperm
|nuclei or two egg nuclei be fused by any method or their genetic material
|combined into one nucleus?
|If you can help me out, please mail me at Noskovik at carleton.edu.  Thanks in
|advance.
|Kyle Noskoviak

Consider this as a side comment - according to Christian doctrine,
this has occurred at least once.  However, the fusion of two egg
nuclei would, of course, produce an XX offspring, and as we know in
this case, the genetic makeup was XY (unless there's something we
haven't been told).

;-)

Frank Heasley, Ph.D.
Principal
FSG Online - Jobs and Resumes in Biotechnology, Science and Medicine
http://www.chemistry.com