cell death in plates

Chris Hatton hatton at ifn-magdeburg.de
Tue Nov 12 17:57:31 EST 1996

I use 6 well plates, and grow hippocampus organotypic cultures on
membranes, I used to see cell death on my NUNC plates in wells next to
the incubator door (always from habit orientate plate same way).  I only
have 1.2ml in the well anymore causes the media to come through
membranes.  I only feed twice a week, and in some cases only put 0,7ml
underneath membrane.

However..
I found putting sterile water between the wells very useful as cell
death is now virtually non-existant because of evaporation. Works for
membranes not sure about monolayers and suspension cultures.

Christopher Hatton
Institute for Neurobiology
Magdeburg, Germany
--
I've given my brain to Neuroscience, may as well give my body and soul

also, cos there's bugger all life left in either.

http://www.ifn-magdeburg.de

 Please note that these views are my own and not those of my employer