CAN TWO MEN (or women) HAVE KIDS???

s060965 at AIX1.UOTTAWA.CA s060965 at AIX1.UOTTAWA.CA
Tue Nov 26 19:31:26 EST 1996

A colleage and I have demonstrated an imprinting-like phenomenon in a
zebrafish transgene (parent-of-origin changes in DNA methylation).  While
not demonstrating mono-allelic expression in these studies, fish appear to
have a mechanism operating similar to imprinting in mammals ... it likely
is most similar to the pseudo-imprinting of the gene brachyury in the
mouse T mutants

C.C. Martin & R. McGowan (1995).  Genotype-specific modifiers of transgene
methylation and expression in the zebrafish, Danio rerio.   Genet. Res.
Camb.   65:  21-28.

C.C. Martin & R. McGowan (1995).  Parent-of-origin specific effects on the
methylation of a transgene in the zebrafish, Danio rerio.  Devel. Genet.
17(3):  233-239.

Cris Martin