Chondroitin sulfate and Heparan sulfate detection

umkwasn0 at cc.umanitoba.ca umkwasn0 at cc.umanitoba.ca
Fri Nov 29 14:33:10 EST 1996

Hi
I've got this mouse fibroblast cell line that can't make the CS or HS
GAGs.  I'm rescuing one or both of these defects.  My instinct is to
detect the GAGs using 35S-sulfate labelling and GAG precipitations, but
I would like an alternative.  What might be good is a receptor/ligand
interaction that I could take advantage of.  So, does anyone know of a
cell-surface protein that requires CS or HS decoration in order for it
to bind to it's ligand?
Thanks,
		Craig
		craigmc at unixg.ubc.ca