HELP NEEDED: How you pronounce pUC?

Charles Wm. Dimmick dimmick at ccsu.ctstateu.edu
Fri Oct 4 17:49:36 EST 1996

z wrote:

> I usually use the VE water to prepare my coffee or tea, but now a colleague
> mentioned that this water is so low in ion concentrations, that it damages
> your gut. I heard this story in the past, but then I was told it
> damages the kidneys.

I wouldn't drink it straight, but it tends to pull sufficient ions
out of either tea leaves or coffee grounds to bring it back to a
safe level that way.  By the way, coffee usually tastes better (to
me) if it is made with water which already has both Calcium and
sulphate ions added (a little powdered gypsum or a pinch of plaster
of paris should work).

Charles Wm. Dimmick
I have two addictions: caffine and hot pepper sauce