Ion-free water for human consumption?

Fred McCall fjm at
Sat Oct 12 10:28:31 EST 1996

cbenson at CSWNET.COM (H.C. Benson) wrote:

:My interest is in deuterium oxide which contaminates all terrestrial
:water supplies at a ratio ranging from 1:5000 to 1:7000.

Our water is contaminated with water?  Oh, my!

:It is a puzzle
:to me why so little research has been done on the deleterious effects of
:exposure to these concentrations over the human lifespan.

There is no difference in chemical behaviour between the two, so why
would you expect any biological effects at all?

"Insisting on perfect safety is for people who don't have the balls to
    live in the real world."   -- Mary Shafer, NASA Dryden
fjm at -- I don't speak for others and they don't speak for me.