Lysosomes

P Whelan pwcres at indigo.ie
Sat Oct 12 16:02:41 EST 1996

I'd imagine from the title that you are in the correct newsgroup although
I'm not a cell biologist.  From my reading it seems that 'they' think that
the lysosome membrane is not digested by the enzymes because (i) the
proteins embedded in the membrane have a tertiary configuration which
prevents them being hydrolysed and (ii) the pH that the enxymes are active
in is not allowed in the lysosome.
There MUST be cell biologist out there who will tell you - and me at this
stage. Look up a university level text on cell biology.

pw