Seeking Boston molecular biology Research Technician/Associate position

Liqin Tong ltong at cgl.ucsf.edu
Fri Oct 25 15:00:48 EST 1996

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing to seek a Research Technician or Research Associate position
in molecular biology or developmental biology in the Boston area.

I got my bachelors degree in Biochemistry from Nanjing University, P.R.
China in 1988. During the past three years, I have been very actively
working on organic cation uptake in Dr. Kathleen GiacominiÕs lab
(University of California-San Francisco) and with C. elegans behavioral
neurobiology in Dr. Cori BargmannÕs lab (Howard Hughes Medical Institute
and UCSF).

I have extensive experience with:
  1) molecular biological techniques (cloning, sequencing, and PCR)
  2) cell culture (PI turnover and organic cation uptake assays)
  3) C. elegans (generation of transgenic lines, general strain maintenance)

For more information, please contact me via email at <ltong at cgl.ucsf.edu>
or call me at (415) 502-6462. References available upon request.

Thank you very much for your consideration!

                                                 Yours sincerely,

                                                 Liqin Tong

Brief Resume

PERSONAL          U.S. Permanent Resident

EDUCATION
  1984-1988:      B.Sc. in Biochemistry
                  Nanjing University, Nanjing, P.R. China

WORK EXPERIENCE
  1995-to-date    Research Technician at Howard Hughes Medical Institute
                  at UCSF. Supervisor: Dr. Cori Bargmann
                  Worked on Caenorhabditis elegans behavioral neurobiology.

  1994-1995       Research Assistant at Department of Biopharmaceutical
                  Sciences, UCSF. Supervisor: Dr. Kathleen M. Giacomini
                  Worked on organic cation uptake of brush-border membrane
                  vesicles (BBMV) isolated from human kidney, and
                  characterization of the human muscarinic cholinergic
                  receptor (Hm1) gene.

  1988-1994       Research Assistant at Laboratory of Forestry Genetics,
                  Nanjing Forestry University, Nanjing, P.R. China.
                  Supervisor: Dr. Min-Ren Huang.
                  Worked on molecular genetics of pine trees.