Genome Structure and Function (New Group?)

Oleg V. Belyakov O.Belyakov at mds.qmw.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 16:47:14 EST 1996

Dear Craham,

I am interested in the new news group, tentatively called
"bionet.genome.structure".

I am studying late cytogenitic consequences of irradiation in humans.
So, I am using a wide spectrum of cytogenetical methods, such as FISH,
conventional chromosome analysis, micronuclei analysis.

I would like to offer for discussion some topics which especially
interest me.

1. Chromosomal aberration, mechanism producing stable and unstable
chromosome aberration

2. Micronuclei and chromosome aberration, do
micronuclei result from chromosome aberration, which type of
chromosome aberration is involved in the production of micronuclei

3. Chromosome changes and ageing, accumulation of chromosome aberration
with age.

4. Chromosomal and genom instability - could it accumulate
from generation to generation? Definition of genom instability. Role
of stable and unstable chromosome aberrations

5. Modern cytogenetical technics.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me by
e-mail: <<O.Belyakov at mds.qmw.ac.uk>> Thank you for your work and I
hope to join the new newsgroup soon.

Sincerely yours,

Oleg V.Belyakov

Department of Radiation Biology
St.Bartholomew's and the Royal London
School of Medicine and Dentistry

E-mail: O.Belyakov at mds.qmw.ac.uk

P.S. It seems to me that your address <<dellaire at odyssee.net>>,
which was noted in the letter to news group, does not correct.