cell death in plates

David Rusnak rusnak~dw at glaxo.com
Wed Oct 30 18:00:33 EST 1996

John Brennand wrote:

> tom
>
>cut/snip

> or it could just be a duff batch of plates - try an alternative
> supplier

I hear this excuse a lot and I think it's overused.  I know someone who
claimed that the outside wells of the plate don't get "tissue culture
treated as well as the inside wells" and that's why her outside wells
never grew as well as the inside wells.

Don't change suppliers without adding more than 1 ml/well and making sure
your incubator is well humidified.  You might be wasting a lot of good
plates!! Evaporation is the most likely culprit.

Later,

Rusnak