Enzymatic Product release question

taguebw at wfu.edu taguebw at wfu.edu
Tue Sep 10 17:48:48 EST 1996

William P. Tschantz wrote:

> I am looking for examples of any proteins that the product does not
> dissociate from the enzyme till either new substrate binds or someother
> protein accepts the product from the enzyme.
>
> I am not aware of anything out in the literature, but then i do not know
> what type of search words to use in a literature search of the above
> topic.  Any help greatly apprecieated.

You might try searching for "channelling" -- referring to the process
by which products are passed along or "channeled" to the next enzyme.

Try these references:

Negrutskii, Boris S. and Murray P. Deutscher (1991) Channeling of
aminoacyl-tRNA for	protein synthesis in vivo. PNAS 88:4991-4995.

Negrutskii, Boris S. and Murray P. Deutscher. (1992) A sequestered
pool of aminoacyl-tRNA in mammalian cells. PNAS 89::3601-3604.

Negrutskii, Boris S. , Romualdas Stapulionis and Murray P. Deutscher.
(1994) 	Supramolecular organization of the mammalian translation
system. PNAS 	91:964-968.

Also:

Hrazdina and Hensen 1992. Spatial organization of enzymes in plant
metabolic pathways. Ann Rev. Plant Physiol. Molec. Biol. 43:241-267.

Srere. 1987. Complexes of sequential metabolic enzymes. Ann. Rev.
Biochem. 56:21-56

Brian