Is Dow Corning and Corning scientific the same company?

Donald Chun Kit Wong dcwong at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue Sep 17 03:00:56 EST 1996

I've been seeing commericals on television about the Dow Corning (of
silicone implants fame) bankruptcy and was wondering whether this company
is associated with Corning who manufactures some excellent plastic tissue
culture plates. I'd appreciate if anyone can let me know whether / how
these two companies are related. And if they are related, whether there'll
be any impact on the tissue culture plates we can purchase. Thanks.

Donald Wong
Pathology, University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada