help on apoptosis: single cell marker

Richard A. Lockshin lockshin at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 19 16:55:53 EST 1996

either boehringer-mannheim or oncor will give you literature following
an email contact.
http://biochem.boehringer-mannheim.com/
http://www.oncor.com/
We hope to have an apoptosis home page up within a month, which will
have this type of information on it.
"We" = The Cell Death Society [of New York].
--Richard A. Lockshin
lockshin at sjumusic.stjohns.edu or lockshin at mindspring.com

ecastro at eucmax.sim.ucm.es wrote:

>Hello,
>  I am trying to enter in the field of apoptosis. I need a marker to determine
>if individual cells in a culture are undergoing apoptosis or not. I have readed
>papers using a technique based in the 3'-OH end extension of DNA fragments, but
>the detailed procedure is not there. The technique seems propietary of ONCOR,
>Gaithersburg, MD. This company sells a kit to perform the reaction

>I need:

>a) The fax or e-mail of ONCOR (unknown to me and my colleagues here)
>b) If possible, details in a non-kit approach to the same objetive

>Thanks in advance to everybody

>Enrique Castro
>Dept. Bioquimica, UCM
>ecastro at eucmax.sim.ucm.es