Methods for selectively staining resin microscope sections.

vsuiro at botzoo.uct.ac.za vsuiro at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Mon Sep 23 12:39:25 EST 1996

I am looking for methods to selectively stain thick microscope sections (
embedded in Spurr's resin) for carbohydrates, protein and lipid. I have
tried using Coomassie Brilliant Blue (protein), Sudan Black (lipids), and
PAS -periodic acid Schiff's reagent (carbohydrate) but don't know exact
staining times and methods. Has anyone had experience in this field?
Thanks, reply to HMalan at botzoo.UCT.ac.za