apo-aequorin

Rees Jean-Francois Reesjf at bani.ucl.ac.be
Tue Apr 29 08:39:58 EST 1997

I'm trying to obtain some coelenterazine-free apo-aequorin. Is that
commercially available (the coelenterazine-apo-aequorin complex is sold by
molecular probes but this is not adequate for me)? Or did some of you
produce this recombinant protein and could provide with some (I don't need
much of it, enough to run  50-100 assays. As another possibility I would
greatly appreciate obtaining a bacterial strain engineered with the
apo-aequorin gene that could produce the protein on demand. I could supply
you with home-produced coelenterazine.

Many thanks if you could help us!

Jean-Francois