location of heterotrimeric G protein

Cornelius Krasel krasel at wpxx02.toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de
Tue Aug 12 11:48:48 EST 1997

pbpark (pbpark at NS.SUWON.AC.KR) wrote:
> Is there any references or evidences that the heterotrimeric G protein
> can locate on the cellular organelles rather than the cell membrane?

Heterotrimeric G proteins have been found in the nucleus (look for
papers by Michael Crouch), endosomes, caveolae (that probably counts
as cell membranes) and other organelles. I am not aware of reports
localizing G proteins to mitochondria or the endoplasmatic reticulum
(except during synthesis :-).

--Cornelius.