cellfractionation

peters at lmb1.rug.ac.be peters at lmb1.rug.ac.be
Tue Aug 19 21:39:08 EST 1997

Hi,
I've tried to isolate mitochondria using a discontinious percoll gradient
inwhich we use three concentrations of percoll. At the bottom 40%, second a
23% percoll solution and third the rough mitochondrial preparation in 15%
percoll. Afther centrifugation for 5 minutes mitochondria are described to
flow between the 40 and 23% percoll. My interest goes to the very brown
fraction at the bottom below the 40% percoll. Does anybody know what this
fraction may consist. It has almost no protein in it. Why is it so brown and
dense??
Please give me your advice as soon as possible
thanks.
peter.schotte at rug.ac.be