Fluorescence Microscopy

VEIUSA at aol.com VEIUSA at aol.com
Thu Aug 21 10:21:20 EST 1997

I understand that GFP has become popular of late.  However, I'd like to
know how a researcher understands what filter sets and flourochromes are
req'd to view a speciman optimally.  If I have a filter set at my
disposal, how can I find out specifically what specimans either floureces
naturally or what stains would facilitate improved fluorescence
examination.  Any insights would be greatly appreciated.  Would I use a
stereo microscope or compound microscope??  I look forward to any
insights extended.  Thx in advance.  Sincerely, Mark R.