Fluorescence Microscopy REPLY

Stephen Knight stigh at med.unc.edu
Mon Aug 25 13:10:39 EST 1997

I would also add Molecular Probes to your contact list
at http://www.probes.com . In addition to a number of fluorochromes and
fluorescent  probes they carry Omega brand light filters to fit most of
the microscopes being used in the US.  There are also several good books
on fluorescent microscopy that I can recommend; e-mail if you'd like to
follow up on that.  GFP probe is not much different than working with
say FITC conjugated 2' antibody in a microscopy specimen. The better
that  you can control your system the better the final image will be.
Good luck.
Stephen Knight