metallothionein promoter

Helmut Glantschnig a8604709 at unet.univie.ac.at
Wed Dec 3 04:27:46 EST 1997

Hello!
I have a few questions concerning the murine (human) metallothionein promoter.

I would like to use this promoter in a stable transfection in NIH3T3 cells.
Has anybody expierienced difficulties in expressing constructs from this
promoter (e.g. leakyness, inducibility.....) in this or other cell lines.

I am looking desperately for a source from which this promoter would be
easily available. Does any body know an academic (or comercial) source?

Every help would be much appreciated

Helmut Glantschnig
Ludwig Boltzmann Institute of Osteology
Hanusch-Hospital, Heinrich Collinstr. 30, A-1140 Vienna.
Phone: (+43 1) 91021-2348
Fax: (+43 1) 91021-2696