Are there Internal control genes, that are cell-cycle independent?

taguebw at taguebw at
Thu Dec 4 10:26:38 EST 1997

In article <199712041429.GAA29811 at>,
Martin.Hartenstein at (Martin Hartenstein) wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm investigating cell cycle progression by measuring changes in the
> amount of cyclin mRNA by RT-PCR. For this I need an internal control gene
> which is cell-cycle independent, since this is not so for commonly-used
> internal references such GAPDH or b-actin. Are there any opinions about
> suitable internal standard genes which are cell cycle independent?
> Martin
> Please mail to:
> Martin.Hartenstein at

One of the original studies on cyclin used ribonucleotide reductase (Hunt,
Luca and Ruderman (1992), J. Cell Biol. 116:707-724.)

My 2 electrons,

Remove "REMOVE" to reply