How do you grow bacteria?!?!?

R. Fox richfox at u.washington.edu
Mon Dec 15 14:58:13 EST 1997

Just as an added thought you may want to look at some specimens isolated
from places located on your self.  You can easily take a q-tip and swab
the back of your throat, behind your ears, fingernails, toes, etc...  You
may be surprised to discover that we are merely a host to a world of
microorganisms.  These indiginous flora are often very hearty and easy to
grow on virtually any media as mentioned earlier.  I would also suggest
dilluting the soaps to standard concentrations and observe at what
concentration you get the best inhibition.
The last bit of advice I have is label everything and take dilligent notes
on your project.  Remember,label everything in an organized manner,
think your project through on paper first.  Final note, if it isn't
recorded, signed, and authenticated it didn't happen.  A lab journal is a
good habit to get into early and can save you latter in your career.
These  On 14 Dec