Transduction of the insulin hormonal signal

Ricardo Fernandes fernandes at mail.telepac.pt
Mon Feb 3 08:08:31 EST 1997

	I'm a 1st year Medicine student seeking some info on the molecular
effects of the insulin-receptor interaction on the cell membrane: if
anyone could answer my questions, please.

	- what is the latest information on the insulin 2ºmediator which
activates the phosphoprotein phosphatase and the glucose transporters?

	- what is the exact function of the tyrosine cinase function on the
beta chains of the insulin receptor? What kind of proteins does it
phosphorylate?

	- is the insulin-receptor complex internalized after it's formed?

			Thank you in advance.

"What a piece of work| Ricardo Fernandes  |  "Everyhting has changed
     is a man"       |--------------------|absolutely nothing's changed"
   Shakespeare       |fernandes at mail.telepac.pt|       Vedder