Antibodies to actin and microtubulin.

Cell.Morphology at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de Cell.Morphology at rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Feb 12 11:57:11 EST 1997

Dear Dr Zhonglin Chai

>         Do you know any antibodies good for fluorescent antibody staining to
> localise actin and belta-microtubulin in cultured human cells?

There are lots of commercially available mono- and polyclonal antibodies.
We purchase most of them from Sigma. Try

http://www.sigma.sial.com/sigma/sigma1b.htm

for example. More general informations will be provided by:

http://www-chem.ucsd.edu/Faculty/goodman/antibody.html/abpage.html

you'll find there LOTS of Antibodies and distributiong companies.

In the case of filamentous actin, in my opinion an antibody is never as
good as decoration with rhodamine-phalloidine. The reason is, that rh-ph
only binds to actin filaments and not to free globular actin. Depending
on cell type you may have more background with antibodies.

Hope, it helps

Ralf Breuker

--
Department of Cell Morphology