Antibodies to actin and microtubulin.

Cell.Morphology at Cell.Morphology at
Wed Feb 12 11:57:11 EST 1997

Dear Dr Zhonglin Chai

>         Do you know any antibodies good for fluorescent antibody staining to
> localise actin and belta-microtubulin in cultured human cells?

There are lots of commercially available mono- and polyclonal antibodies.
We purchase most of them from Sigma. Try

for example. More general informations will be provided by:

you'll find there LOTS of Antibodies and distributiong companies.

In the case of filamentous actin, in my opinion an antibody is never as
good as decoration with rhodamine-phalloidine. The reason is, that rh-ph
only binds to actin filaments and not to free globular actin. Depending
on cell type you may have more background with antibodies.

Hope, it helps

Ralf Breuker

Department of Cell Morphology
NDEF 05 / Ruhr University Bochum