fluorescent lipid-oxidation-indicator

Herz-Kreislauf-Physiologie HKP at veg-physiol.med.uni-goettingen.de
Wed Feb 19 09:51:23 EST 1997

Hi,

I want to measure the oxidation level of cell membranes in various
stress situations. my idea to get somewhat semiquantitative data is to
use a fluorescent oxidizeable lipidanalogon, put it on the cells and
measure fluorescence-differences coming with oxidative stress.....there
must be such compounds, mustn4t there? A sigma-guy knew, that he heard
about something called SNAR(S) but he didn4t know where to find and what
exactly SNAR is....please help if you can.

Thank you in advance says Marco Cattaruzza

e-mail: cattaruzza at veg-physiol.med.uni-goettingen.de